Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year fellow gym rats!


(Photo image courtesy of Google search "happy new year 2012" which led me to this site)

Have you jumped on the resolution band wagon? Have you failed at them already? 
 Its ok!
Failures only teach us how not to do things! My only resolution is a resolve to not make resolutions, but rather declarations. Not only does this feel more powerful, it also sets me up to acheive instead of try. Coupled with my S.M.A.R.T goal skills (read more from wiki) I feel a strong foundation is set for 2012 to be a really great year!

First A.M. Gym Rat encounter of the year was a late started yet strong cardio session on the eliptical at good ol LA Fit. 20 mins and approx 200 calories burned later, I feel a small amount of the holiday bliss, I mean treats melting away. To say I indulged in a sinful gluttonous way would be an understatement. Dinner with friends on New Years brought delicious cheeses, crab cocktail, crab cakes, crab stuffed mushrooms and steak with the glasses of champagne and white wine literally overflowing. A celebration I would not have missed for the world, and that no pair of too snug pants will convince me was a mistake.

DECLARED GOALS FOR 2012 to come in next post. Stay strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment