Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What this rat has been up to...


FRIDAY
400k run
21 pull ups
21 squats
21 push ups
33 sit ups (as many as I could do in the song that was playing)

I was pretty sore, not horrible just enough to know I had a good workout. 

SUNDAY
3-3.5 mile run
Jogged around the lake with a friend who was pushing a three year old in a jogger stroller. I did not envy the extra weight :) I did enjoy the miles, and the bald eagle perched atop a tree on the path was a treat!

TUESDAY
Approx 100 Squats, 40 Push up's and 80 Situps
A zero equipment shortened version of Tabata This. My favorite program to do with a new trainee or fellow "gym rat" (aka workout buddy!) as it really shows capabilities, ROM and skill while leaving you sore enough to only come back for more if you are for real. What is Tabata? Its a style of interval training using a 2 to 1 work rest ratio for 8 sets in 4 mins. In other words, 20 seconds or reps, 10 seconds of rest, repeat 8 times. The CrossFit name for this program is Tabata This, check out their page for more info. 

TODAY
I can barely walk, or sit down to pee. It feels good to be sore and it is annoying at the same time. I have lost quite a bit of water weight with all the water drinking and working out. Down 6lbs from last weeks weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment