Friday, January 13, 2012

Lights, camera, ACTION!

I apologize in advance for any redundancy in this post. I am looking back at my declarations. What does each of these things break down to mean? Declaring a goal is one thing. I want action items and milestones to make sure I am successful! Additionally the goals compliment each other and support the primary (#1) goal of losing 20lbs by Aug 3. Makes sense! You would not make it a goal to try every bakery in the city and lose weight, right?

So for each goal, we ask ourselves, how do we get there? Let's create 3 ACTION items for each of the declarations, and MILESTONES to keep accountability

1 - I will lose 20lbs by Aug 3, 2012

A - track progress with once a week weigh ins (I used my fancy iPhone to set up a reminder!)

B - use a daily food journal to see a realistic view of my diet, and how to modify it (Lose it app is awesome!)

C - do at least 20 mins of cardio everyday (I get up early to hit the gym, miss traffic and get it out of the way)

2 - I will drink 64oz of water daily

A - track intake with labels marking off each refill (I use an arrowhead bottle that I know I need 4 of)

B - place a visual reminder in as many locations as possible (I have a sticky note that says "water" in drawers, my purse, my truck, all over!)

C - make it a habit to always order a water with every coffee, cocktail, meal or snack (hey its free too!)

3 - I will train for and complete the WarriorDash on Sept 22, 2012

A - gather friends that are interested and put together a team of players by end of Jan (already much in progress and my friend who is a coach is co-leading the team with me!)

B - register for the event around my birthday (Feb 7) depending on when I am paid, which is Feb 10! Registration is Feb 10 (I need to update the team!)

C - develop a training program (this one is going to take some work!) with my co-leader

Stay tuned for more details, progress and other ways I am making this all come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment